Encounter Festival 2021
After months of uncertainty, the 2021 Lancashire Encounter Festival returned with an with an exciting programme of contemporary and community arts from across Lancashire for every age group.
This included a mix of work that had been many years in the planning, and work that had been made in response to the seismic shifts of the previous year, including:
- A city centre procession in celebration of Lancashire's key workers
- A day of family friendly shows in Winckley Square
- A clutch of new artistic commissions from cinematic electronica act, Dirty Freud
- Musical theatre company Leo & Hyde
- Dance company, About Time
- Artist Jamie Holman
- An exciting dance piece highlighting the wonderful Preston story of Dick Kerr's Ladies
- A 4 metre tall puppet
- HOWL, a film created by 100 people howling on Preston bus station
- Many more events, newly commissioned pieces, virtual reality. new music and exhibitions across the city and online.
Relive the highlights of Lancashire Encounter 2021 in the gallery below. Photos courtesy of Preston Photographic Society.